A large number of stains and odors can be tough to get out of your carpet, even with a number of industrial strength cleaning agents. The best steam vacuum for carpet will reduce your workload and ensure your carpet is spick and span.
Advancements in cleaning technology have made it easier to manage your home’s cleanliness levels. With the steam vacuum, keeping your carpet clean has never been easier. This machine offers additional dynamics to traditional vacuums that improve the quality of your air, kill germs, and offer a thorough cleaning exercise with the shortest drying times on offer.
The best steam vacuum for carpet will help you keep your home sparkling and reduce the risk of health hazards. Finding an ideal model can be challenging due to the high number of options. We have explored some of the top products in the niche and have made a list of our favorite options. Here are the results of our research.
The Best Steam Vacuum For Carpet Reviews
McCulloch MC1375 Canister Steam System,Black
$179.99 in stock
10 used from $121.49
- CHEMICAL-FREE CLEANING — Naturally deep clean without the use of harsh chemicals using hot, pressured steam to eliminate grease, grime, and stains from a wide range of surfaces including ceramic tile, grout, granite, sealed wood flooring, laminate, appliances, grills, autos, and more.
- 20 VERSATILE ACCESSORIES — Equipped for steam cleaning jobs in and around your home including a floor mop, mop pads, nylon brushes, brass brush, angled nozzle, scrub pad, scraper, squeegee, and more.
- LARGE CAPACITY TANK — The 48-ounce water tank heats up in under 12 minutes and provides up to 90 minutes of steam. Blast away dirt and grime with on-demand variable steam control, optional steam lock for continuous steam, and 58 PSI steam pressure.
- GREATER REACH — Extra-long 18-foot power cord and 10-foot steam hose provide added maneuverability and reach for those hard to get to places.
- SUPERIOR SUPPORT — When you choose a McCulloch product, you’re investing in superior performance and design that will deliver total satisfaction. If not, we’ll replace it, for 2 years. Supported by a customer service team based in Andover, KS.
Made by a leading brand, the McCulloch MC1375 Canister Steam System is a very easy to use and high output vacuum steam cleaner that offers a full range of cleaning options. This model features up to 20 accessories for a high value performance. It also includes a variety of brushes, such as the bristle, round, and triangular brushes for thorough work.
You can easily move this lightweight model, so cleaning different parts of your home should offer no problem. It works well on upholstery too, which ensures you can get different parts of your home spick and span. This carpet cleaner will deliver up to 90 minutes of steam per tank, which should enable you to work without any breaks. The lengthy warranty and great build ensure the model’s quality as well.
- Safe 3-prong plug
- Pressurized steam for better cleaning
- 20 accessories for a versatile effort
- Lengthy power cord for added mobility and convenience
- Not the most responsive customer service by brand
LIGHT 'N' EASY All-In-One Steam Mop with User-friendly Detachable Handheld Unit, All-purpose Laminate/Hardwood/Tile/Grout/Carpet Pet & Child Friendly Floor Steamer, S3601
$129.99 in stock
1 used from $105.38
- On-demand HI, MED and LOW steam settings fit for various floors surface: marble, tile, grout, ceramic, stone, vinyl, laminate, and sealed wood flooring.
- Detaches into a separate handheld steam cleaner for multi-purpose cleaning: garment wrinkle remover, upholstery refresher, bathroom/kitchen deep cleaning.
- Smart Switch: Place it upright to cease steam, sparing your time to answer calls while protecting your hardfloor. Slant and glide to release powerful steam.
- Utilizes 212°F hot steam to remove stains and sticky mess while drying quickly. Work with distilled or tap water, great for all homes with pets and babies.
- Ideal for Child/Pets/Yoga Lovers: Only use tap water, no need of harsh chemicals.
The very lightweight LIGHT ‘N’ EASY Steam Mop with Detachable Handheld Steam Cleaner lives up to its billing as a portable option that is suited for a range of tasks. While some customers have complained of the mop head dislodging occasionally when in use, the model offers a minimalist layout and delivers a thorough cleaning output. It has fewer accessories than other models listed, but is an effective performer.
The cleaner includes safety features that are designed to prevent any accidental use, including with the handle at wrong placement. This protects both the user and machine, which ensures added value. This cleaner also features a swiveling steering that increases its control around tight spaces. It features a 20-foot power cord, which should allow you to work comfortably anywhere in your home. It also works well on upholstery and clothing, and is a versatile value pick.
- Very lightweight and portable
- Swiveling steering allows for comfortable control and movement
- Smart switch protects machine from unintentional use
- Adjustable steam output for efficient use
- Mop pad can dislodge during cleaning
Dupray Neat Steam Cleaner Multipurpose Heavy Duty Steamer for Floors, Cars, Home Use and More
$174.89 in stock
- STEAM CLEAN. DEGREASE. DEODORIZE. ANY SURFACE. BETTER.
- POWERFUL STEAM CLEANER: up to 275°F/135°C. Best multi purpose steamer for home, cars and more.
- HEAVY-DUTY & LARGE CAPACITY: Up to 50 minutes of cleaning time per fill up.
- PERFECT FOR FLOOR CLEANING: use any regular towel or cloth, no need for expensive special pads!
- 2-year Limited Warranty / Lifetime Warranty on steam cleaner boiler.
With over 20 accessories, the DuprayNeat Steam Cleaner will be a versatile choice that could help you work on any stain or odor on your carpet at home. This model offers the hottest steam production, with ultra-heated steam hitting up to 275 degrees Celsius. This temperature will kill pests, disinfect your carpet and upholstery and sanitize your home. It is the one stop solution for de-greasing, cleaning, deodorizing, and disinfecting different surfaces and fabrics. The large tank, lengthy hose, and sufficient power cord should allow for uninterrupted work at home. It also offers pressurized heating for efficient output of steam at higher temperatures. It is also designed for a smooth roll, which further minimizes your cleaning efforts.
- Ultra-heated steam production for increased effectiveness
- Lengthy warranty for added protection
- Versatile cleaner with multiple accessories
- May be susceptible to leaks
Steam Mop Cleaner ThermaPro 10-in-1 with Convenient Detachable Handheld Unit, Laminate/Hardwood/Tiles/Carpet Kitchen - Garment - Clothes - Pet Friendly Steamer Whole House Multipurpose Use by PurSteam
$69.97 in stock
- Cleans Literally Everything! Nobody likes cleaning! But with the help of our 10-in-1 Steam Mop you can clean the whole house more quickly and easily, making it cleaner and fresher than ever! Clean a lot more than floors with the built-in handheld steam cleaner, or use the flexible hose to put the cleaning power of steam in the palm of your hand. Works great as floor Steam Mop, Carpet Cleaner, steam cleaner, handheld garment steamer window, mirror & glass cleaner & much more.
- Child & Pet Safe - Best steam cleaner for tile & hardwood, cleaning with no chemicals, leaves the floors looking new and really clean. Comes with special surface scrubber, providing versatile cleaning from Top to Bottom. Ideal for Glass, Sealed Stone, Stainless Steel, and Sealed Tile/Grout.
- Light And Maneuverable. 3 Adjustable modes help you cater the mop's steam level to your specific needs. That's especially important when you're trying to preserve your hardwood floors finish. The steam cleaner’s 380 ml (12.8 oz) reservoir provides around 25 minutes of steam at the lowest setting and about 12 minutes of steam at the maximum steam setting. One real bonus is that it uses tap water alone to steam off dirt, eliminating the need to buy pricey detergent.
- Multifunctional Household Tool - Safe to use on any surface you want to clean: hardwood floors, vinyl, tiles, marble, ceramic & porcelain tiles. Not only that, but you can also clean anything around the house with our built-in handheld steam cleaner. Just install the attachment you need and let the steam do all the work for you!
The Steam Mop Cleaner ThermaPro 10-in-1 with Convenient Detachable Handheld Unit is the most lightweight model featured. This cleaner delivers impressive results, despite its compact size. It is very suited for spot cleaning and managing smaller stains, but it will be just as thorough on larger stains even though these will take more effort. It features a number of attachments, including a carpet tool, a variety of brushes and 2 microfiber pads.
The sturdy but compact cleaning machine also includes a 2 year warranty to provide assurance over the model’s build and functionality. It will need to be refilled regularly due to its size, which may be inefficient for larger spaces.
- A value buy
- Lightweight model for easier use around the home
- Adjustable steam options for power consumption and increased effectiveness
- Small size may limit effectiveness for very heavy duty use
Steam Cleaner, SIMBR Best Steam Mop, Maximum 6M Cleaning Radius, 1.1L Multipurpose Steamer with 13 Accessories for Floors, Carpet, Garment, Windows, Home Use and More
- ★【Variable Steam Control】 On-demand variable steam control with 4.5 bar pressure to blast away dirt and grime. Make your home cleaner and fresher than ever. Adjustable modes help you cater the mop's steam level to your specific needs.
- ★【13 Versatile Accessories】 Equipped for anti-Bacterial cleaning jobs in and around your home including a glass brush, floor brush, carpet glider, hanger, ironing brush, nylon brush and more. Works great as Floor Mop, Carpet Cleaner, Cleaner, Garment , Window, Mirror & Glass Cleaner and more.
- ★【Chemical-free Cleaning】 Naturally deep clean without the use of harsh chemicals, using hot pressured steam to eliminate grease, grime and stains from a wide range of surfaces including ceramic tile, grout, granite, sealed wood flooring, laminate, appliances, grills, autos, and more.
- ★【Large Capacity Tank】 The 37.2-ounce(1.1 liter) water tank heats up in under 5 minutes and provides up to 30 minutes of steam with optional lockable steam trigger for continuous steam cleaning. Push the steam lock switch to the right to provide continuous steam, without continuously pressing the steam button.
- ★【Superior Reach】An extra-long 13.12 ft power cord and 5ft Insecticide hose provide added maneuverability and reach for those hard to get to places.
The pressurized SIMBR Steam Cleaner delivers super-heated steam, which makes it an ideal pick for various needs. It can disinfect, de-grease and clean your carpet without a problem. The model also offers a steam controller to help improve the efficiency of your cleaning efforts. It features a locking water cap that prevents any spills once the temperature starts to rise. This makes it a very safe pick that will help you clean your carpet without risking any injury to you.
This carpet cleaner features a large number of accessories as well. With the SIMBR steamer, you can clean your carpet and upholstery regardless of the material without worrying about damage due to the compatibility. The large capacity water tank will make the model suitable for a range of cleaning needs even when heavy duty application is required. It has a sufficient power cord and a lengthy hose, allowing you to catch dirt and debris in all corners of your home.
- Variable steam pressure for added value with different cleaning needs
- Very high steam temperatures
- Offers additional safety measures to protect against scalds and burns
- Some customers have complained of leaks
Bissell Symphony Pet Steam Mop and Steam Vacuum Cleaner for Hardwood and Tile Floors, with Microfiber Mop Pads, 1543A
$169.00 in stock
9 used from $133.06
- Every BISSELL purchase helps save pets. BISSELL proudly supports BISSELL Pet Foundation and its mission to help save homeless pets.
- Vacuum And Steam Your Floors At The Same Time
- The Pet Model Features The Exclusive Drop-It Tank Emptying System Which Prevents You From Getting Your Hands Dirty
- The Pet Model Includes Disposable Pads For Those Pet Messes You'd Rather Throw Away And Washable Microfiber Pads For Everyday Cleaning
- Powerful, Cyclonic Vacuum Helps Capture Pet Hair And Debris. Power rating: 1100 Watts for Steam / 400 Watts for Vacuum / 3. 3 Vacuum Amps
The Bissell Symphony Pet Steam Mop and Steam Vacuum Cleaner will take slightly longer than other models to get your steam to the desired temperature, but it is a very effective performer. This steam vacuum cleaner will break down all manner of stains on carpet with minimal effort. It is easy to use and maintain, and will work well on differently sized surfaces.
Some customers have complained about the cleaning times, but this model makes up for it with consistency and quality of output. It can be a great pick for small to medium sized workloads due to its smaller size. The build and range of accessories should ensure full value with the Symphony team vacuum cleaner.
- Very effective output
- Lightweight option is easy to use
- Feature rich option
- Not the quickest heating time
Steamfast SF-370WH Multi-Purpose Steam Cleaner
4 used from $102.21
- MAXIMUM PORTABILITY — Designed for ease of use with a 15-foot power cord with integrated cord wrap, wheels, carrying handle, and a 6. 5-foot hose that provides added reach for those hard to get to places
- 15 VERSATILE ACCESSORIES — Equipped for steam cleaning jobs in and around your home including mop pads, utility brushes, jet nozzle, squeegee, scrub tools, fill cup, and more
- LARGE CAPACITY TANK — The 48-ounce water tank heats up in 8 minutes and provides up to 45 minutes of steam
- CHEMICAL-FREE CLEANING — Naturally deep clean without the use of harsh chemicals using hot, pressured steam to eliminate grease, grime, and stains from a wide range of surfaces including ceramic tile, grout, granite, sealed wood flooring, laminate, appliances, grills, autos, and more
- SUPERIOR SUPPORT — When you choose a Steamfast product, you’re investing in superior performance and design that will deliver total satisfaction. If not, we’ll replace it, for 2 years. Supported by a customer service team based in Andover, KS
The Steamfast SF-370WH Multi-Purpose Steam Cleaner is the best canister-style steam vacuum cleaner we looked into when curating options for this list. It combines a great build with effective action, which is improved by an adjustable steam setting that boosts efficiency. It will get your water very hot very quickly, and can last through lengthy cleaning sessions with few interruptions. The brand offers a 1 year warranty, which should attest to the value of the cleaner.
It may be limited when it comes to cleaning the largest surfaces quickly, but it will get the job done. If you are looking for a versatile pick that delivers thorough cleaning for medium to small workloads, the Steamfast steam vacuum could be the right pick for your needs.
- Versatile carpet cleaner with a range of accessories
- Adjustable steam settings for personalized cleaning
- Lightweight and easy to use option
- May experience clogging when hard water is used very often
What Should You Look For In An Ideal Steam Vacuum Cleaner For Your Needs?
The biggest attraction to a steam vacuum cleaner might be the quality of output for some people, but with the range of options available that can deliver high quality results, you have to look beyond the performance. Steam vacuum cleaners combine water, wiring, and electricity, which can be a recipe for disaster. It is important that you are safe when using a steam vacuum cleaner, which is why safety features and design are a key part of decision making.
Protective features may include lengthy, fortified power cords and polarized, grounded plugs. Some steam cleaners will include protection against scalds and burns, which offers more safety against these very likely occurrences. Models with a release valve will protect you from the pressurized steam when cleaning, and could be a value buy for you.
Looking through the power attachments and suction power rating of a cleaner will help you find a powerful enough option for your cleaning needs. The best models will feature powerful suction, which can be great for reducing drying times and preventing mold and mildew. Models with a larger water tank will also offer more steam for longer, and could be better suited for heavy duty work. Some dual tanks are even designed to help you keep track of your cleaning efforts by helping you understand how much dirt you have cleaned off your carpet.
We know that you will use your steam vacuum cleaner on more than just your carpet. The models are very versatile and could be great for a variety of needs. However, you need to find a versatile pick with appropriate attachments that protect against damage to your tiles, clothes or upholstery. This will help prolong the life of your cleaner and improve your efficiency at getting your home clean without any damage to the surfaces or fabrics. Remember to clean your carpet regularly to avoid buildup of dirt and debris. We also recommend an annual professional cleaning for full value.
Why Do You Need A Steam Vacuum For Carpet?
The steam cleaner offers a much better cleaning performance than traditional vacuums for certain tasks. It can be a handy cleaning companion. But why is the steam vacuum so in-demand? We explore some of the key benefits.
Vacuum steam cleaners are hygienic
Recorded at over 120 degrees Celsius on average, vacuum steam cleaners can get hot. This amount of heat can kill well over 99% of household germs, which makes steam cleaning a very healthy option. Steam can sanitize debris as well before it is picked up by your bag, ensuring the equipment remains untainted too. Your steam vacuum cleaner will disinfect your floors, carpets and upholstery for a germ free and healthy environment.
Vacuum steam cleaners fumigate
There are many microscopic animals living on your carpet. If you have pets, there is a high chance they are also carrying fleas and mites. Traditional vacuum cleaners are ineffective against these little inhabitants of your space, but steam cleaners are their ultimate death sentence. Steam vacuum cleaners will fumigate your carpet or upholstery, enabling better living conditions.
Steam vacuum cleaners cut down cleaning time
With a steam vacuum cleaner, you will be able to cut down your cleaning time even more than you could with a regular vacuum. The steam increases the efficiency of the machine at breaking down stains, allowing for quicker work. The heat and moisture combination an the pressure provided by steam vacuum cleaners allows for easier efforts when cleaning your carpet.
Vacuum steam cleaners are chemical free and air purifying
The best steam cleaners will feature a HEPA air filter that purifies your home’s air during cleaning. Unlike carpet cleaning solutions, steam vacuum cleaners do not use any chemicals. The heated water will help throughout the entire cleaning process, with no chemicals involved. This makes steam vacuum cleaners an ideal pick for a healthy cleaning experience.
Is Steam Cleaning Better Than Shampooing?
Different cleaning situations will call for different needs, two of which are steam cleaning and shampooing. Both can be effective for deep stains, due to their ability to offer thorough intrusion into the fabric. But which one is better suited for your needs? We explore the two types of cleaning to offer more insight into the matter.
Steam cleaning will use steam to break down dirt, grime and other stain causing agents on your carpet whereas shampooers will use a chemical-based shampoo to do the job. The high temperature of steam vacuum cleaners automatically makes them the standout option, due to their increased ability to kill germs.
Unlike shampooers, steam vacuum cleaners will address more allergens and germs, which makes it the standout option. Steam vacuum cleaners will also kill any pests and eggs in your carpet, with the latter being a bit problematic for shampooers.
Steam vacuum cleaners also leave no residue in your carpet after cleaning. This is not always a good thing, since some brands have developed protective shampoo residue that sets into your carpet to protect against future stains and odors. Not all cleaning solutions offer value in this regard, so you should be careful to find an option that does. When it comes to drying, shampooers will usually take longer than steam vacuum cleaners. While shampooers will soak your carpet and may require 3-5 days to get your carpet dried out, steam cleaning will take 48 hours at most for full results.
The McCulloch MC1375 Canister Steam System offers great value for steam cleaning. This carpet cleaner features a range of accessories that should make cleaning your carpet easier, regardless of its accessibility. The model also works well with upholstery, and is very easy to use.
This portable steam vacuum will improve your home hygiene and allow you to work well on different surfaces across your home. It is a durable, versatile and high output pick that will help you keep your home clean.