Area rugs might be smaller than surface carpeting, but they can still be tough to maintain. The best carpet shampooers for area rugs will cut down your workload and help to keep your favorite space clean.
Area rugs only cover a specific part of your home, such as your living room area. They are stylish and great for people looking to add a personalized touch to different parts of their home. But they can also attract stains, especially when put in high traffic areas.
If you are looking to keep your home neat, you have to address your area rug as well. The best carpet shampooer for area rugs will ensure a convenient, workable experience when keeping your home clean. The highest end models will include a number of features that can help you maintain your area rugs and other fabrics, allowing for convenient cleaning every time. Here are the best options we could find for the best carpet shampooers for area rugs.
|Call to action
|Bissell LittleGreenProHeat carpet shampooer
|Hoover Spotless Deluxe carpet shampooer
|Bissell SpotBet Pet Automatic carpet shampooer
|Bissell LittleGreen Portable carpet shampooer
|Rug Doctor Spot Cleaner portable carpet shampooer
|Bissell 3624 SpotClean Pro carpet shampooer
The Best Carpet Shampooers For Area Rugs: Reviews
BISSELL Little Green ProHeat Portable Carpet and Upholstery Cleaner, 14259
- Compact multipurpose wet vacuum delivers thorough deep cleaning (Not a steam cleaner)
- Powerful spray and suction clean and help dry in one step; stores ready to use. Power rating: 9 Amps
- Built in hot water heater for enhanced results; Separate clean/dirty water tanks and dirt collection tank capacity 48 ounces
- Flexible hose, tough stain brush, and spraying crevice tool included. 48 ounces dirty tank capacity
- Ships with certified frustration free packaging. Weight: 13 pounds, hose length is 4 feet. Do not carry the appliance while in use
The first model by a leading brand, the Bissell LittleGreen ProHeat carpet shampooer is a value buy with high end features. This model is very versatile, thanks to a range of attachments that work to support a number of surfaces and fabrics. It features a professional-grade build, and includes a dual tank system for increased productivity. The compact design and ease of use in tight spaces should combine with the added mobility for full value in your home. The lengthy hose and cord will also reduce the need to connect to an outlet when working.
The patented cleaning formula included with this model will ensure high quality output on very tough stains, which will help improve the efficiency of this shampooer. It is also very powerful and will support quick drying of your carpet to prevent any development of mold. With the right maintenance, which includes careful care of delicate components such as the nozzle, you should be able to enjoy quality cleaning output for longer.
- Very easy to put together and use
- In built heater for added value
- Great dual tank system
- Powerful output
- Includes cleaning solution
- Sensitive nozzle can be harder to clean
Hoover Spotless Deluxe Carpet Cleaner, Blue
|Blue Spotless Deluxe
|Height: 1500; Length: 970; Weight: 500; Width: 1390
|Number Of Items
|Height: 996; Length: 1693; Weight: 1367; Width: 1567
|Product Type Name
|Hoover Spotless Deluxe Carpet Cleaner, Blue
|UPC List Element: 073502043936
Featuring the lightest weight, the Hoover Spotless Deluxe Carpet Shampooer is a great budget buy for people looking to clean small surfaces. This model is designed to conveniently handle small scale cleaning tasks, and should make it ideal for your area rugs. It offers a thorough and effective cleaning process, with the shampooer featuring a spray, scrub, and dry system.
It offers a lengthy cord and efficient self-cleaning hose, which will increase your reach in even the tighter spaces in your home. It’s challenging at times to fill the thin-necked water tank, but that should not deter you from an otherwise great pick. The professional grade build also includes a dual tank system and a powerful antibacterial tool that helps you keep your rugs clean and healthy. The model is also very easy to store, and includes all the appropriate attachments for a variety of cleaning tasks.
- Versatile model with an assortment of accessories
- Very lightweight and easy to use
- Budget friendly buy
- Self cleaning hose for increased ease of maintenance
- Effective shampooer
- Not the easiest tank to refill
- Colored brush may leave residue on your carpet with the wrong cleaning solution
- Should be air dried after use
SpotBot Pet handsfree Spot and Stain Cleaner with Deep Reach Technology 33N8
- Every BISSELL purchase helps save pets. BISSELL proudly supports BISSELL Pet Foundation and its mission to help save homeless pets.
- Get rid of messes without getting your hands dirty. This hands free portable carpet cleaner does all the scrubbing for you
- Preset cleaning cycles that automatically spray, brush, and suction to permanently remove both surface and tough set-in pet stains. Just push the button to clean.
- Equipped with two hands-free cleaning modes, quick clean for fresh stains and deep clean for set in stains, so you can get the right level of cleaning
- Includes trial-size Pet Stain and Odor, Pet Oxy Boost Formula and a 3" tough stain tool. Hose length - 5 feet
The automated Bissell SpotBet Pet Automatic Carpet Shampooer offers a hands-free cleaning experience that will enable you to keep your home clean with minimal effort. This model is designed for a great cleaning experience across multiple surfaces. It features a number of handy accessories that boost its versatility. It is lightweight and very easy to use across a variety of surfaces. It’s also very effective and will minimize the number of passes need to clean your home.
With this model, you will be guaranteed thorough and desirable results for most stains. It also offers automated cleaning, which reduces the workload even further. With proper maintenance, the portable SpotBet Pet Shampooer should help you keep your area rugs cleaner for longer. It does have a smaller cleaning path, like other portable options featured, which limits its effectiveness on very large surfaces. The brand includes its proprietary cleaning solution that is very effective at handling stains and odors.
- Effective and powerful option
- Automatic cleaning reduces your workload even further
- Great option for pet owners
- Includes cleaning solution
- Not ideal for very heavy duty work
Bissell Multi-Purpose Portable Carpet and Upholstery Cleaner, 1400B
27 used from $90.22
- EVERY PURCHASE SAVES PETS. BISSELL proudly supports BISSELL Pet Foundation and its mission to help save homeless pets.Hose Length 4'.Carry Handle : Yes
- POWERFUL SUCTION. Remove tough pet spots and stains from carpets, upholstery, car interiors, and more.
- PORTABLE & VERSATILE DESIGN. Easily clean multiple surfaces throughout the home
- LARGE TANK CAPACITY. 48 oz. tank means you can clean more between refills.
- REMOVES STAINS & ODORS. Use Spot & Stain formula with Febreze Freshness to tackle tough stains and odors.
The compact Bissell LittleGreen Portable Carpet Shampooer is made of 50% recycled plastic, but it is sturdy and superior to many models available on the market. This compact shampooer will deliver a thorough cleaning on your carpet or upholstery, allowing for a hassle free cleaning experience. The model is very easy to use, and is designed to be lifted over harder to clean surfaces.
The lengthy cord and hose will ensure an extended reach that will facilitate convenient work. It works just as well on your car’s interior and clothes as it would on your area rug and carpets. It can be limited for heavy duty work, but is a very effective shampooer for medium- to small-scale tasks. The cleaner only features a 1-year warranty, which is shorter than on some models featured here, but it is a durable option that will last for a long time. You will also need to clean the model after use to avoid clogging its head, but this is easy thanks to a detachable design.
- Recycled plastic build is great for the environment
- Versatile shampooer for convenient use
- Best dual tank design
- Portable and easy to use
- Shorter warranty than other models featured
- Debris can clog machine’s head
Carpet Cleaning Machine | Rug Doctor Portable Spot Cleaner 5.5 Foot Hose
- Portable Spot Cleaner only weighs 15 pounds, but can hold 64 ounces of solution; removable water tanks are easy to fill and empty
- Manages deep down stain removal with a powerful handheld oscillating motorized brush that makes 1200 movements per minute
- Functions with twice the suction of leading competitors to extract stains faster and shorten dry time
- With retractable handle, 5.5 foot hose and maneuverable, carpet-friendly wheels, Portable Spot Cleaner easily hits hard to reach places in home, office or auto
- Designed for everyday cleaning, Portable Spot Cleaner feathers cleaned area so newly cleaned carpet fibers blend well with surrounding ones
Unlike other models built by the brand, the Rug Doctor Spot Cleaner Portable Carpet Shampooer will comfortably fit on a single step should you need to work on your stairs. This compact and portable build makes it ideal for area rugs and other cleaning tasks that will require accuracy and precision over power. The model is powerful enough to meet your cleaning requirements as well, and offers up to 75% more suction than some models we’ve looked at.
The portable cleaner will use the spray, scrub, and suck method to get dirt off your carpet, which makes it very effective for cleaning stains that may have been lodged into your carpet’s fabric. The portable option will also be very easy to store, and features a special power brush system that offers a very thorough scrub. The brush system and convenient retractable handle combine with its small size to make it perfectly suited for smaller spaces. It features a separate dual tank system that allows for easier work. With the right maintenance, this model should offer quality cleaning for a long time yet.
- Higher suction power
- Great customer service by Rug Doctor
- Very portable and easy to store
- Great for smaller spaces
- Not the largest tanks
- Some customers have complained of a trail left after cleaning
Bissell 3624 SpotClean Professional Portable Carpet Cleaner - Corded
$179.99 in stock
- Every Bissell purchase helps save pets. Bissell proudly supports Bissell pet foundation and its mission to help save homeless pets.
- Our most powerful portable spot and stain cleaner for carpets, stairs, upholstery, auto interiors, and more.
- Combines superior suction, scrubbing action and professional cleaning solution to remove stubborn pet stains, embedded dirt and more.
- Provides a deep clean that leaves you with professional-style results.
- Permanently removes tough messes and protects from future stains with the power of stain protect.
The professional Bissell 3624 SpotClean Pro Carpet Shampooer will deliver very desirable results when cleaning. This model combines convenience with output, being very portable while maintaining high quality delivery. It is very easy to move around, which makes it ideal for using on different area rugs within your home. It also works well with upholstery and other surfaces, thanks to its arsenal of interchangeable tools. The model compares well with upright options for tighter spaces.
It offers value for money because it provides sufficient reach for the harder to reach corners of your home. You will be able to handle a variety of cleaning problems with this model because it is designed to handle larger cleaning tasks at a go. The large capacity tank should help you address any large stains without having to take up a refill. With the patented Bissell formula included, you should be able to handle stains without a problem. The model will require some maintenance, but will last long if handled well.
- Very powerful suction
- Deep cleaning will deliver excellent results
- Works well with pets and for a variety of fabrics
- Hose will not handle sustained heavy duty use
- Requires careful maintenance
Best Carpet Shampooers For Area Rugs Suggestions
Carpet shampooers are almost faultless when it comes to addressing stains and odors. These machines will deliver a thorough scrub on even the most persistent stains, allowing for a cleaner environment at home. They can cut down your workload and help you address any stains or odors within minutes, curtailing any crisis before it develops. You need to maintain these models to ensure full value.
We explore some of the most basic commandments when using a carpet shampooer, designed to prolong the lifespan of the machine while ensuring full value to you.
Always read your owner’s manual
It should be the unwritten rule that you are supposed to read your manual for any equipment. In order to ensure full value for a machine, you need to use it as stipulated. The owner’s manual will help you understand how to set up and use your carpet shampooer, increasing your effectiveness while minimizing the risk of wear and tear arising from misuse. You do not have to read 20-30 pages of your owner’s manual since you can access the content online as well.
Always clean your tanks and bristles
Most options available will offer self-cleaning features, but this is usually limited to the hose. If you want to maintain your carpet shampooer for full value, you need to clean it after use. This will protect hem from building up dirt which could impact the effectiveness of a cleaning exercise. Cleaning your bristles also protects them from damage and increases the lifespan of your machine. We also recommend that you air-dry your model after cleaning it to avoid any water related damage.
Always use the recommended solution
Some manufacturers will recommend specific carpet cleaning solutions for use with their models. Failure to adhere to these requirements could void your warranty in some instances, and may affect the output of your shampooer. If a model specifies a cleaning solution, you need to stick to this option. If you are unable to stick to the designated cleaning agent, you may consider looking into models that are compatible with a variety of agents before making your purchase.
Always use your carpet cleaner on recommended surfaces
No matter how tempted you may be, using your carpet cleaner on an incompatible surface will do more harm than good. Most people who experience a problem with their carpet shampooer will have wrongful use to blame. You need to understand your carpet shampooer’s compatibility with your cleaning task before you begin. This will minimize the risk that it is used wrongly, which boosts its lifespan.
Addressing stains quickly could be key to winning the fight
Cleaning your carpets and rugs quickly after they get stained could be key to reducing your workload and improving the efficiency of your carpet cleaner. Addressing stains immediately will prevent them from setting deeply into your fabric. If you maintain a robust and vigilant approach to cleaning your carpet and area rugs, you should be able to handle most stains and odors with minimal effort and increase the lifespan of your shampooer.
How To Clean Area Rugs With Minimal Fuss
You need to be proactive when dealing with area rugs to minimize the risk of stains and smells, especially if the rug is located in a high traffic area. Regular cleaning and maintenance will help you keep on top of any cleaning needs and reduce your workload significantly. In this segment, we explore how you can keep your area rug looking neat and tidy for a longer time.
Take up vacuuming
In many instances, your rug will usually need a good vacuuming session to get rid of dirt. You will be able to handle crumbs and other debris that may have landed onto your area rug before they become deeply ingrained into your fabric. Vacuuming regularly minimized the need to clean thoroughly. If you do it between 1-2 times a week, your area rug will stay cleaner for longer.
Maintain a regular schedule
You need to clean consistently enough to prevent the need to engage in thorough cleaning. This means developing and sticking to a cleaning routine. While this is easier said than done, it can be a crucial step to protecting your rug from buildup of dirt, grime and debris. If you have trouble keeping your home clean, you can create an inclusive schedule for your family members to help out.
Know your rug
Not all machines will work with every carpet. Some solutions may be either too powerful or too ineffective on certain fabrics. You need to understand your carpet and stick to a tried and tested cleaning process. A good carpet shampooer should prolong the lifespan of your carpet for full value. Remember to run a colorfastness test when you change cleaning solutions or fabrics.
Choosing the right cleaning equipment
How big is your rug? How frequently does it get exposed to dirt, grime or debris? Do you tend to clean larger surfaces at a go?
Understanding your cleaning needs will help you find an ideal option for your needs. If you have a smaller rug and work space, you will get better value by investing in a portable carpet shampooer than a bulky option. Working on stairs? A smaller option with the right accessories could be ideal. If you are working on larger surfaces, a heavy duty pick with backwards and forwards passes will be the best value buy. Assessing and understanding your needs will help you to find the best carpet shampooers for area rugs in your household.
These machines offer convenience when working on area rugs, and are great options as the best carpet shampooers for area rugs. They are portable and easy to use, while also carrying a number of features that help increase their value. We have looked at some of the leading carpet shampooers on the market today, and believe they can be appropriate for most people’s needs.
The consistency and quality of delivery of the Bissell LittleGreen ProHeat Carpet Shampooer makes it our top pick. It offers great power for better suction, and offers a lengthy hose and cord for an extended reach. This option will only require a single pass over most stains, since it delivers a very thorough wash. It is a portable and convenient option for the best carpet shampooers for area rugs that will make working on any area rug a breeze.