The best carpet cleaners for dog urine will help you maintain your fabrics and surfaces with minimal effort. They will help break down and get rid of any persistent urine smells and improve your home’s overall condition.
The best carpet cleaners for dog urine will help you accommodate your pets without experiencing the discomfort that may result from the stains and smells caused by urine. Pets will go on the carpet for a range of reasons, some of which may not be completely avoidable. Having a carpet cleaning machine will help you stay ahead of any urine before it becomes a big problem, allowing you to keep your home clean and minimize any discomfort that could arise from it.
A great carpet cleaner for pet urine will ensure that your carpet is kept clean without any fuss, reducing the risk that your dog(s) will go in the same spot. It can be tough to find an effective carpet cleaner for pets that actually meets your expectations. If you are looking to avoid countless hours of research and a trial-and-error experience with a few top picks to find the right one, this handy guide to the best carpet cleaners for dog urine should help you out.
|Cleaning path (in)||Weight (lbs)||Call to action|
|Aqua Pro Vac carpet cleaner||Variable||22||Check Price|
|Bissell BigGreen carpet cleaner||10||42||Check Price|
|Rug Doctor Mighty Pro X3 Pet Pack carpet cleaner||10.8||40||Check Price|
|Rug Doctor Deep Carpet cleaner||12||37||Check Price|
|Bissell DeepClean Premier carpet cleaner||12||25||Check Price|
|Hoover PowerScrub Elite carpet cleaner||12||18.1||Check Price|
|Bissell SpotClean Pro carpet cleaner||6||13.2||Check Price|
|Rug doctor Portable SpotClean carpet cleaner||4.5||15||Check Price|
Portable Carpet Cleaner Extractor Cleaning Vacuum Machine - Powerful/Lightweight/Perfect for Mobile Auto Detailing | Car Detail/Upholstery/Home/Clean Spot/Tool/Supply/Shampooer/Spotter by Aqua Pro Vac
- Powerfully sprays water under pressure at 58 psi deep into the pile or fabric.
- Includes external clear sight spray detail tool and stainless steel floor tool and clear sight floor tool
- Portable, light weight and on casters for easy mobility...great for auto detailing
- Powerful vacuum motor cleans stains in one pass.
- Removable 1.5 gallon solution and 1.6 recovery tanks for extended cleaning between refills
The Aqua Pro Vac Carpet Cleaner is a great option for dog urine because it delivers a thorough cleaning, which seeps right into your carpet and gets rid of even the smallest amounts of residue. You will be able to keep your carpet clean with minimal fuss even for larger dog urine stains, thanks to its increased productivity. This model facilitates easier cleaning, due to a portable design with wheels. It also offers a number of attachments that should make cleaning all parts of your home easier.
The pressurized water system will deliver up to half a gallon of water every minute, which makes it ideal for a thorough cleaning process. It features a large water tank as well, meaning that you will be required to make fewer stops when working.
- Lightweight and portable
- Features a large selection of accessories
- Commercial sized water tank for added convenience
- Some customers have complained of the quality of customer service
Bissell BigGreen Commercial BG10 Deep Cleaning 2 Motor Extractor Machine
$499.00 in stock
- Commercial deep cleaning 2 Motor design. Clean forward & back
- Flow indicator, monitors water & solution levels and lets you know when it's time to refill the tank
- Large capacity clean water tank removes for easy filling
- Powerful edge-to-edge suction. 2 large capacity tanks
- Hose is not included with the product
The Bissell BigGreen Carpet Cleaner is a high end carpet cleaner that’s worth consideration when it comes to effectiveness on pet urine. It is ideal for dog urine because it delivers a thorough and powerful cleaning process, allowing you to manage even the most deeply embedded stains. This option will wash out any residue and dry your carpet quickly thanks to the powerful suction.
This model also offers a professional grade build that facilitates a high end cleaning output. The impressive dual water tank system will support extended use, since you will not need to make any stops when working. The sturdy exterior will ensure durable and uninterrupted use. The model is also very easy to clean and maintain, and delivers powerful suction for quicker drying and added protection against mold. The lengthy hose and cord combine with the range of attachments to make this model a leading choice for the best carpet cleaners for dog urine.
- Powerful cleaner with a variety of accessories
- Dual tank system is part of a professional grade finish
- Very easy to use and maintain
- Not ideal for tighter work surfaces
Rug Doctor Mighty Pro X3 Pet Pack Carpet Cleaner, Large, Blue
1 used from $1,249.95
- For professional-looking results within the comfort of home, use the lightweight, compact, carpet-friendly Rug Doctor Mighty Pro X3 Pet Pack, a deep cleaning machine to remove pet smells and stains
- Rotating brushes dig deep into carpet fibers to extract dirt, grime, filth, stains, spots, pet hair, pet urine, or mud tracked in from outside
- Deters remarking and renews carpets; pro-enzymatic formula within Rug Doctor Platinum Professional Urine Eliminator 24-ounce spray permanently removes pet stains and odors
- With little refilling, the enhanced vacuum motor sucks up and extracts soils into the 3. 9-gallon recovery tank, leaving carpets looking and feeling truly clean, fresh, and renewed
- Endlessly versatile, the handheld soft surface versatility tool deep cleans soft surfaces in the home or office: chairs, stairs, couches, mattresses, pet beds, car mats, car seats, or vehicles
Also featuring a pro-enzymatic solution for pet urine, the Rug Doctor Mighty Pro X3 Pet Pack Carpet Cleaner is a great option for handling pet accidents. It is ideal for dog urine thanks to its high quality build and output. The professional grade build includes the largest capacity tank for any model we’ve featured, which means fewer refill stops when working.
The model is endlessly versatile, working well for a variety of surfaces.The rotating brushes offer a thorough scrub, allowing you to get rid of any deeply embedded debris that may cause odors and persistent stains. The 5-year warranty on offer should ensure peace of mind when it comes to the durability of the model. It does have somewhat limited suction, which means that you may need to consider a few passes over your carpet to dry it faster.
- Versatile and easy to use
- Effective against dog urine and other pet accidents
- Includes patented enzymatic cleaning formula
- Not as powerful as other options featured
Rug Doctor Deep Carpet Cleaner and Rug Doctor Pet Pro Carpet Cleaner, 64oz Bundle
- Dual cross action brushes oscillate and rotate to scrub carpet fibers from every angle powering away dirt and stains to deliver a professional-grade deep clean and soft, plush results
- 75 percent more suction than comparable carpet cleaning machines slashes drying time; quick dry in four hours or less; simple lift clean and dirty water tanks make refilling and emptying easy
- Rated Gold for Best in Class Cleaning Performance by CRI (Carpet + Rug Institute); cleans deeper than other comparable machines and will not void carpet’s warranty
- Rug Doctor Pet Formula Carpet Cleaner provides continuous cleaning for up to 24 hours ensuring that soft surfaces receive a deep, thorough cleaning that leaves them revived and renewed
- Powerful, enhanced pro-enzymatic formula works to eliminate pet mess and stench from deep within carpet fibers as well as deterring pets from remarking for longer-lasting freshness
A second option by a great brand, the Rug Doctor Deep Carpet Cleaner offers a thorough cleaning output that makes it great for dog urine. This machine will ensure a very efficient scrub, thanks to its penetration power. It is very easy to set up and use, and requires minimal maintenance thanks to its self-cleaning feature. The cleaner also features Rug Doctor’s patented cleaning solution that is specially built to break down pet related stains and smells on a molecular level for comprehensive and thorough output. It features a number of accessories that add to its versatility.
It also offers a professional grade build, with a convenient and lengthy hose and power cord. The powerful suction is up to 75% more than that experienced on some brands we’ve looked at, which means you can dry your carpet faster and suck out more debris which may be deeply embedded into your carpet. The cleaner also features conveniently large lids and an accommodating design to minimize spills and improve the efficiency of use. This powerful model can be a great option for people with more than one pet.
- Not complex to put together or use
- Very powerful suction
- Gold rating by the CRI
- Powerful cleaning solution included
- Might be too heavy for tight work spaces
BISSELL DeepClean Premier Pet Carpet Cleaner, 17N4, Grey
- Get unbeatable pet-stain and odor removal (compared to other upright pet carpet cleaning systems) along with professional-style results with a carpet cleaner that offers a superior clean
- Heatwave Technology helps maintain constant water temperature throughout the cleaning process 12 rows of dual rotating Powerbrushes
- 12 rows of dual rotating Powerbrushes; Hose Length: 9 inches stretched
- EdgeSweep brushes clean against baseboards and Surround Suction helps dry surfaces fast
- Machine includes pet hair collection basket, 3 inch Tough Stain Brush, Deep Reach Tool, and a 3 year limited warranty. Also included is one trial size bottle of Bissell’s 2X Professional Formula
The Bissell DeepClean Premier Carpet Cleaner features a set of rotating power brushes that ensure an effective scrub, which makes them well suited for dog urine. You will not have any problem using this model, as it is simple and straightforward. The DeepReach technology ensures a thorough clean every time, allowing you to address even deeply embedded stains. The pet attachments, including a pet hair basket and a DeepReach pet tool, offer full value for more than just the pet urine.
This option is larger than the compact and portable handheld alternatives, which means that it could be a bit ineffective in very tight spaces. However, it also features a lengthy hose and cord for an extended reach in your home.
- Powerful upright carpet cleaner
- Very easy to use
- DeepReach technology
- Not the best for compact spaces
Hoover Power Scrub Elite Pet Upright Carpet Cleaner and Shampooer, Lightweight Machine, Red, FH50251PC
- SPIN SCRUB SYSTEM: Powerfully removes deep-embedded dirt and stains with 360 degree brushes and strong suction while being gentle on your carpet.
- FAST DRY TIME: Tackle surface stains as they happen with Quick Clean Mode and enjoy dry carpets in 45 minutes.
- LARGE CAPACITY TANKS: Two tank system with a 25% larger tank keeps dirty water separate from the clean water so you can clean more and refill less often
- AUTOMATIC DETERGENT MIXING: Take the guesswork out of mixing solution, Power Scrub Elite mixes the correct combination for you.
- WHATS INCLUDED: 8’ hose to deep clean hard-to-reach areas, 2-in-1 pet tool attachment to remove pet hair, stains, and odors, and sample bottle of carpet cleaning pet solution
The upright Hoover PowerScrub Elite Carpet Cleaner is a powerful option that will handle your dog urine stains and smells on carpet without a problem. The model features a very powerful motor and appealing design, aided by a number of attachments for added convenience. The 2-in-1 antimicrobial tool will combine with the powerful brushes and value-oriented design to make this option ideal for pets in general.
Its effective output and thorough cleaning capacity makes it perfectly suited for people with dogs, and especially those who may have a urine problem. It is lightweight and easy to use, but might be restricted in tighter spaces.
- Powerful and effective output
- Strong suction for quicker drying
- Professional grade build for added value
- Automatic detergent mixing
- Upright design might be limited in tight spaces
Bissell 3624 SpotClean Professional Portable Carpet Cleaner - Corded
5 used from $147.19
- Every Bissell purchase helps save pets. Bissell proudly supports Bissell pet foundation and its mission to help save homeless pets.
- Our most powerful portable spot and stain cleaner for carpets, stairs, upholstery, auto interiors, and more.
- Combines superior suction, scrubbing action and professional cleaning solution to remove stubborn pet stains, embedded dirt and more.
- Provides a deep clean that leaves you with professional-style results.
- Permanently removes tough messes and protects from future stains with the power of stain protect.
For people with one dog or a smaller space, the larger options we’ve featured can be too overwhelming. Portable carpet cleaners will be ideal to handle urine and other pet accidents. TheBissell SpotClean Pro Carpet Cleaner is easily the best portable carpet cleaner for dog urine. It is feature-rich, and offers great output. It offers great penetration that ensures a thorough cleaning and provides powerful suction to dry your carpet quicker.
The model also features a large capacity tank, as well as a lengthy hose and cord for added value. It might be limited for larger cleaning tasks, but will be a great fit for tight spaces. It is also very versatile and can be used to clean upholstery and other fabrics.
- Lightweight and well designed
- Powerful suction
- Large water tank capacity
- Not ideal for heavy duty work
Carpet Cleaning Machine | Rug Doctor Portable Spot Cleaner 5.5 Foot Hose
- Portable Spot Cleaner only weighs 15 pounds, but can hold 64 ounces of solution; removable water tanks are easy to fill and empty
- Manages deep down stain removal with a powerful handheld oscillating motorized brush that makes 1200 movements per minute
- Functions with twice the suction of leading competitors to extract stains faster and shorten dry time
- With retractable handle, 5.5 foot hose and maneuverable, carpet-friendly wheels, Portable Spot Cleaner easily hits hard to reach places in home, office or auto
- Designed for everyday cleaning, Portable Spot Cleaner feathers cleaned area so newly cleaned carpet fibers blend well with surrounding ones
A second lightweight and portable option, the Rug Doctor Portable SpotClean Carpet Cleaner is a great choice for smaller homes and those with one dog. If your cleaning needs are limited, this powerful and portable pick could be right for you. It features an adjustable handle and rolling wheels, which combine with the compact build and lengthy attachments for full value. It’s very easy to use, and will work well on stairs.
It is effective and powerful, and features a great design that allows you to remove and replace the water tank with minimal fuss. It may not be as effective with very heavy duty work, but the quality of its delivery makes it a great pick.
- Powerful motorized brush for effective scrubbing
- Compact and slim design for added mobility
- Versatile and very easy to use
- Not the best for homes with many dogs
Why You Need A Carpet Cleaner For Dog Urine
Do you need a carpet cleaner for your home? If you have carpet installed and also have a pet, chances are high that you do. Dog urine will carry a smell that can be overwhelming over time. If you do not want your home to smell like urine, a carpet cleaner could be the best solution for you. But why do you need a carpet cleaner?
The carpet cleaner is made for the job. A traditional vacuum cleaner offers only limited value when it comes to dog urine, especially older urine that is already embedded into your carpet. However, the carpet cleaner will deliver a thorough cleaning every time. Carpet cleaners are ideally designed to penetrate carpet fabric and ensure a comprehensive result. The specialized pet brushes will even remove fur and hair from your carpet.
Carpet cleaners pack a punch, making them more effective than anything available on the market for cleaning your home. The powerful suction also makes them well suited for drying carpets, ensuring protection against mold and mildew, which will destroy your carpet. The basic carpet cleaning machine will also feature a tank system that makes it easier to use and maintain.
Carpet cleaners also carry out all scrubbing for you. You will not be able to fully clean your carpet by hand, even with hours of scrubbing. The residue, which could be on a microscopic level, may just be too embedded in your carpet to scrub off. You need some automated help, which the carpet cleaner will provide. Your carpet cleaner is a faster and more effective solution for dog urine, as well as all manner of other stains.
What To Look For In The Best Carpet Cleaner For Dog Urine
Investing in the best carpet cleaners for dog urine will help you keep your home clean and odorless with minimal fuss. It can be tough to flip through myriad of options available, and you could end up compromising on one or more important factor, which could affect the effectiveness and value to you. If you are looking for a carpet cleaner for dog urine, you need to find one that will offer value to you. So, what do you need to look for in a carpet cleaner to find a great one for dog urine?
Maneuverability is a major factor for carpet cleaners for dog urine, and pets in general. If you are unable to move your carpet cleaner, you will struggle to keep different parts of your carpet and home clean.
A great option should be able to deliver effective action across different parts of your home with minimal fuss. This means that an ideal option should feature a set of steering wheels, or an extended reach resulting from a lengthy hose and power cord.
Best Carpet Cleaners For Dog Urine: Other Factors
The weight of your carpet cleaner may play a big factor in your decision. If your home is free range to your dog, chances are high that you have urine stains in a lot of odd places. Stains will vary in size as well, and your carpet cleaner should be versatile enough for spot or thorough cleaning.
A compact and lightweight carpet cleaner will be easy to move about your home, but can present a challenge in dealing with the largest stains. Larger carpet cleaners will not be ideal for use up stairs and in sensitive spaces, but will offer an effective output on most tasks. Finding the balance between size and output will help you determine the right sized model for your needs.
How many dogs do you have at home? If you have more dogs, chances are high that you have to deal with more urine as well. A powerful option will be better suited for your needs as it will ensure effective use.
If you have more dogs, you need to consider a carpet cleaner with professional grade features and output.
If you have fewer dogs, you will only need a smaller cleaner.
The motor rating will help you find a powerful enough option to suit your cleaning needs.
The range of pet attachments on the versatile Bissell BigGreen Carpet Cleaner makes it a great option for homes with pets. The powerful output and effective action against a large number of stains and odors makes this model our top picks. While all these cleaners offer great value, this model stands out for its delivery and performance with dog urine. It is great for pet hair as well, thanks to its powerful suction. It will make drying your carpets just as easy after cleaning, which will be crucial to preventing any mold.
The extended reach and professional build of the model will combine with its lengthy warranty to provide an assurance over the quality of this option. If you are looking to get rid of a persistent dog urine situation on your carpet, this cleaner will be the right choice for your needs.