The best carpet cleaner for cat urine will break down stains and odors from any pet accidents. With the right cleaner, you should be able to keep your carpet, upholstery and other surfaces sparkling clean.
Finding the best carpet cleaner for cat urine can be challenging because of the arduous nature of the task at hand. There are just so many options available that claim to do the job well.
A number of methods will deliver your desired cleaning experience as well as provide a thorough cleaning, and finding these helpful methods should be your goal when looking for a carpet cleaner for your home. If you are looking for a carpet cleaner to help you stay ahead of the cat urine problem, this buying guide and comparison review should help you understand more about some of the best value picks available.
|Multiple attachments||Includes pet cleaner||Check On Amazon|
|Bissell DeepClean deluxe Pet carpet cleaner||Yes||Yes||Check Price|
|Rug Doctor Deep Carpet Cleaner||Yes||Yes||Check Price|
|Bissell 3624SpotClean Pro Portable carpet cleaner||Yes||Yes||Check Price|
|Hoover PowerScrub elite||Yes||Yes||Check Price|
|Bissell DeepClean 17N4 premier Pet carpet cleaner||Yes||Yes||Check Price|
|Bissell DeepClean36Z9 deluxe Pet carpet cleaner||Yes||Yes||Check Price|
|Shark Navigator Zero-M Pet Pro carpet cleaner||Yes||No||Check Price|
A Review Of The Best Carpet Cleaners For Cat Urine
BISSELL DeepClean Deluxe Pet Full Sized Carpet Cleaner, 36Z9 and BISSELL 2X Pet Stain & Odor Full Size Machine Formula, 60 ounces, 99K5A Bundle
The Bissell DeepClean Deluxe Pet Carpet Cleaner might be less portable than some of the lightweight options, but it is an efficient cleaner for cat urine. This model will deliver a thorough cleaning on even the toughest cat urine stains due to its professional grade build and output quality. The powerful suction can increase your drying efficiency while protecting you from mold.
It also offers surround suction, which increases its efficiency in cleaning under furniture and around generally tougher spots to reach. The lengthy cord and hose should increase your accuracy and reach around your home.
This versatile cleaner features a number of attachments for pets, including a handy collection basket for pet hair. It comes with the brand’s patented pet accident solution, which will increase the ease of managing cat urine in your home.
- Stain trapping tool increases machine efficiency
- HeatWave technology helps to maintain high water temperatures
- Includes attachments for pets
- Powerful surround suction helps to clean below and around furniture
- Harder to steer in tight corners
The Rug Doctor Deep Carpet Cleaner will deliver a professional grade cleaning experience for users, enabling a thorough cleaning on even the toughest cat urine stains.
The model is very easy to use, and will deliver very impressive results. It offers a large cleaning width and convenient controls, as well as a number of cross-action brushes that ensure a thorough cleaning of every surface. This model will work on upholstery and clothes, thanks to the range of attachments available. It also features a large tank, allowing for uninterrupted work.
With up to 75% more powerful suction than other leading models, this option will enable you to dry your carpet quickly to avoid mold and mildew. It also includes conveniently placed and sufficiently sized openings to minimize spilling and ensure easier refilling when working.
If you are looking for a great pick for a thorough clean, this option could be ideally suited for your needs. However, some customers have complained of a slow customer service response time by the brand.
- Thorough cross-action scrubbing
- Very powerful suction for quicker drying
- Gold rated by the CRI
- Includes specialized pet cleaner formula for cat urine
- Not the best customer service
View price on Amazon
The Bissell 3624SpotClean Pro Portable Carpet Cleaner is a very effective and easy to use cleaner that should improve your ability to handle cat urine in the home. It offers very powerful suction, which is key to faster drying and a thorough clean of even the most embedded dirt and grime.
With this cleaning machine, you can address even the most deeply set cat urine stains on your carpet.
The spot cleaner offers a variety of attachments that makes it easier to manage your cleaning efforts at home. It will pick up hair and fur, and will be very efficient against a range of pet accident cleaning needs. The large capacity water tank and extended reach as a result of the 5-foot hose and 22-foot cord will help you keep all parts of your home clean with minimal effort. This lightweight model also features a 2-year warranty that provides some security over your purchase.
- Features a wide range of accessories
- Powerful cleaner against pet accidents
- Large capacity tank for extended use
- Very easy to move and store
- Not ideal for very heavy duty work
The Hoover PowerScrub Elite carpet cleaner is designed to deliver a thorough clean on the toughest stains. It is a very effective option for all types of cleaning tasks, thanks to its increased versatility. The vacuum carpet cleaner also features an adjustable cleaning selection that will remove deeply embedded stains and smells, as well as fresh smudges on your carpet.
This cleaner can be a great option for people looking to clean cat urine permanently out of larger surfaces, thanks to its wide cleaning path and lengthy power cord. It also offers an antimicrobial scrub that prevents any bacteria from developing on your cleaning equipment. This option is just as suited for heavy traffic areas, such as stairs, and can be efficient for pet hair as well. It is tougher to maintain than other self-cleaning options featured, but the quality of service should make it a value pick for you.
- Large cleaning width for convenient use
- Thorough against stains and odors
- Features multiple attachments for pets
- Will dry carpet quickly after cleaning
- Not a self-cleaning carpet cleaning machine
The Bissell DeepClean 17N4 Premier Pet Carpet Cleaner is one of 4 top picks by a leading brand when it comes to carpet cleaners. Bissell donates a small amount with every purchase of this model to pet shelters, as well as ensure high quality products.
The carpet cleaner lives up to the high expectations by providing a thorough output when cleaning, facilitating easier use and quality output when working with cat urine. It is very easy to store and maintain, but can be limited in tight spaces due to the upright design.
This carpet cleaner will deliver a thorough cleaning, thanks to DeepClean technology. Thanks to its added versatility and pet attachments, as well as a lengthy hose and professional grade build, you should be able to clean your carpet with minimal fuss.
- Effective for cat urine stains and odors
- Multi-action power brushes for a thorough scrub
- A variety of pet attachments
- Not ideal for tight spaces
The Bissell DeepClean 36Z9 Deluxe Pet Carpet Cleaner will help you address all types of pet accidents in your home with minimal fuss. This powerful option features professional grade enhancements to help you handle cat urine and other pet accidents. The range of attachments on offer includes a collection basket for pet hair, and powerful suction to pick up any embedded debris and residue.
This model will ensure a very low risk of reoccurring smells thanks to its powerful suction which picks up any dried elements in your carpet. The DeepReach technology on the 36Z9 will thoroughly remove any stains and odors caused by cat urine from your carpet for a sparkling and desired level of cleanliness. The upright design makes it difficult to use in tighter spaces, but the range of attachment tools available and extended reach provided by the lengthy hose and cord will enable you to keep even larger cat urine stains in control.
- Powerful and effective against pet accidents
- Includes specialized attachments for pet accidents
- Dual rotating power brushes for a thorough scrub
- Not the most ideal for tight spaces
The Shark Navigator Zero-M Pet Pro Carpet Cleaner is a great upright pick for people with pets. This model is a thorough carpet cleaner, and it will deliver an effective output on different fabrics. The versatile cleaner is designed for pet accidents, and is a great pick for pet owners with a medium to heavy duty workload. It is very easy to assemble and use.
The self-cleaning aspect of this cleaner will help you minimize the maintenance needs, with the professional build enhancing its productivity. It almost feels like multiple cleaners in one, thanks to its improved versatility. It will deliver great pet-based cleaning, thanks to a number of special attachments for pets. If you are looking for a great alternative, the Zero-MPet Pro could be the right choice for you.
- Self-cleaning option is easy to maintain
- Longest extended hose and power cable for added reach
- Large capacity water tank for increased productivity
- Very lightweight and easy to maneuver
- Not the most powerful suction
The 9 Rules Of Cleaning Cat Urine
- Always take a proactive approach to cat pee. Absorbing as much of it as you can with a cloth towel when fresh will reduce your cleaning task.
- Rubbing cat urine stains will cause them to spread out over a larger surface
- Ammonia-based detergents feature a pee smell that will attract your cats to the cleaned area, making it a cyclic cleaning process.
- Tried and tested commercial products work best at removing both the stain and odor. Always run a colorfastness test before you begin cleaning.
- If you do not have a carpet cleaning solution, a water and vinegar mix will help kill the bacteria and contain your stain.
- Baking powder will mask the odor and ensure a fresher smell, but is not always be ideal for every carpet. You should assess your fabric’s compatibility with baking soda before use.
- You should only use hydrogen peroxide if you can mix a safe and effective concentration. It is a bleaching agent which means it can be damaging when used without care.
- Always vacuum your carpet after cleaning to dry it faster to avoid any mold or mildew.
- Enzyme cleaners can be better than perfumed options. They break down the smell as opposed to just masking it, which makes sure it does not return.
Why Won’t My Cat Go In The Litter Box?
There are many emotional, health, and territorial issues that may turn your cat away from the designated litter box. Many cat owners will find that, usually, it can be attributed to a simple change. Here are some of the most common reasons why your cat may be avoiding a litter box and peeing on your carpet instead.
- A dirty litter box is a turn off for many cats. They like to be clean, and will not even go near one that is not up to par.
- The placement of your litter box is also an important factor. You should not put it too close to the food and water sources as they might be uncomfortable using it. It should ideally be placed in a private location, where your cat will feel safe.
- Cats are very picky about the quality of litter as well. If you may have switched litter brands lately, the change in texture or scent may be one reason why your cats could be peeing on your carpet instead of their litter box.
- Some cats would prefer a hooded litter box for added privacy. You can find out whether this is the reason why your cats aren’t using the litter box by trying it out for a change.
- Other factors that will cause your cat to lose interest in the litter box include stress and anxiety, new animals in your home and other changes in the environment. By addressing these factors, you may find yourself having to clean cat urine odor from your carpet fewer times than you are getting used to doing.
Why You Should Clean Cat Urine Quickly From Your Carpet
Cat urine will tempt your cats to re-offend and pee over the same surface. If you do not address it now, you will need to keep on cleaning the stain and smell out of your fabrics. Cats have a very powerful olfactory power, which ensures a high sense of smell that will catch even the faintest residues. They will be very likely to urinate over the same spot if it is not cleaned well and quickly enough.
Cat urine will also attract others of the feline species. Female cats especially will have a higher attraction rate of other cats through their urine. Male cats can detect the need for a mate in the urine of female felines from a distance, thanks to their strong sense of smell. This means that cat urine could attract strays and other cats into your home if left to remain.
Cat urine has an effect on human beings too. Smell can have a direct impact on your mood, identified by the benefit of alternative health practices such as aromatherapy. You could improve the mood for yourself and others around you by cleaning your cat-urine-soaked carpets before they become a problem. Remember, just because you cannot smell it now doesn’t mean it is not embedded into your carpet. The dry salts in cat urine will not carry any odor, but will be uncomfortably smelly when wet.
The high ammonia content in cat urine is a cause of concern for pet owners. If you leave too much urine in your carpet for too long, the high ammonia content could prove toxic. Alongside its corrosive and irritating effect on the skin and eyes, ammonia will also affect the respiratory system and cause it to be harder to breathe.
All these carpet cleaners for cat urine offer attachments that make it easier to manage your home even with pet accidents.The proprietary carpet cleaning solutions on offer should also help to address any stains and odors from cat urine on your carpet.
We like the Bissell 3624SpotClean Pro Portable Carpet Cleaner because it delivers an effective cleaning experience and facilitates added convenience thanks to a handy range of attachments and a great design. The sufficient water tank, lengthy cord and hose should make it easier to address carpet urine stains and odors in your home, even in harder to reach areas. If you are looking for the right option for your home’s cleaning, this option will be well suited for you.